Working Holiday Visas for Canadians Going to Denmark
Last Updated: November 2007
To be eligible you must:
- aged between 18 and 35 inclusive at the time of application
- hold a valid Canadian passport
- be resident in Canada at the time of application
- intend to primarily holiday in Denmark
- not have previously participated in this Working Holiday Program
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- have a return ticket or sufficient funds to buy one
- not be accompanied by dependents
The visa costs CAD$149 payable by money order certified cheque to the Embassy of Denmark, Ottawa, or by cash.
Proof of Funds
You must have a minimum of DKK 15,000 in available funds.
No known quota.
The visa is valid for 12 months.
You can only work for a maximum of 6 months out of your 12 month visa.
You may leave and re-enter multiple times but the time allowed for your visa will not be paused while you are away.
How to Apply
Apply in person to the Danish Embassy in Ottawa:
- Two residence/work permit applications forms. Click here to download.
- Two colour passport size photographs
- A valid passport (valid for at least 3 months beyond the stay in Denmark)
- A prepaid, self-addressed courier envelope
- Proof of sufficient funds
You may study or take a training course for a maxumim of 6 months. Processing time can take
up to 6 weeks.
47 Clarence Street, Suite 450
Phone: (613) 562-1811
Fax: (613) 562-1812
QUICK VISA INFORMATION
MOST POPULAR DESTINATIONS
WORLD NOMADS INSURANCE
World Nomads Promo Code
To save a whopping 5% on World Nomads Insurance enter the promotional code JCBDEJ before you pay.